InterContinental Hotels Group (“IHG”) [LON:IHG, NYSE:IHG (ADRs)] today announces:
- The retirement of Non-Executive Director Ian Dyson from the IHG Board, effective 28 February 2023.
- The appointment of Byron Grote as Non-Executive Director, effective 1 July 2022, who will succeed Ian Dyson as Chair of the Audit Committee from 1 March 2023 upon Ian’s retirement.
These changes reflect IHG’s ongoing commitment to succession planning, bringing together a diverse range of talent, expertise, skills and relevant experience, and facilitate a thorough transition of responsibilities.
Ian Dyson was appointed to the IHG Board as a Non-Executive Director in 2013 and became the Chair of the Audit Committee in 2014. In addition to the Audit Committee, he currently serves on the Nomination and Renumeration Committees.
Patrick Cescau, Non-Executive Chair, IHG, commented: “Ian has been a valuable member of the Board, offering excellent insight and wise counsel over the last nine years. On behalf of the Board, I would like to express our gratitude to Ian for his contribution to IHG and his thoughtful management of the Audit Committee, particularly during a challenging pandemic period.”
Byron has served on a number of Boards and committees as Non-Executive Director including Standard Chartered PLC, Tesco PLC, Akzo Nobel N.V., Anglo American plc and Unilever PLC.
He is currently Audit Committee Chair at Tesco PLC and Akzo Nobel N.V. Byron is a participant in the European Audit Committee Leadership Network and a member of the Regulation Group of the Audit Committee Chairs’ Independent Forum. He was previously the Chief Financial Officer at BP p.l.c.
Patrick Cescau, Non-Executive Chair, IHG, commented: “We are delighted that Byron will join IHG’s Board. Byron has an outstanding track record of serving a range of leading international businesses, both at Board level and in senior management positions. His extensive experience, particularly in finance and chairing audit committees, will further strengthen IHG’s Board.”
Byron will serve on the Audit and Remuneration Committees of the IHG Board upon appointment and will assume the role of Chair of the Audit Committee on 1 March 2023.
Pursuant to LR 9.6.13R Byron is a Non-Executive Director at Tesco PLC and Standard Chartered PLC, as well as on the Supervisory Board of Akzo Nobel N.V. He was previously a Non-Executive Director of Anglo American plc until April 2022.
IHG Hotels & Resorts [LON:IHG, NYSE:IHG (ADRs)] is a global hospitality company, with a purpose to provide True Hospitality for Good.
With a family of 17 hotel brands and IHG Rewards, one of the world’s largest hotel loyalty programmes, IHG has over 6,000 open hotels in more than 100 countries, and a further 1,800 in the development pipeline.
- Luxury & Lifestyle: Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas, Regent Hotels & Resorts, InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, Vignette Collection, Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants, Hotel Indigo
- Premium: voco Hotels, HUALUXE Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts, EVEN Hotels
- Essentials: Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn Express, avid hotels
- Suites: Atwell Suites, Staybridge Suites, Holiday Inn Club Vacations, Candlewood Suites
InterContinental Hotels Group PLC is the Group’s holding company and is incorporated and registered in England and Wales. Approximately 350,000 people work across IHG’s hotels and corporate offices globally.
Visit us online for more about our hotels and reservations and IHG Rewards. For our latest news, visit our Newsroom and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
- Siswi SMAN 3 Jatuh dari Lantai Tiga, Polisi Periksa Pengajar dan Kepala Sekolah
- KemenKopUKM Kembangkan Model Bisnis Agregasi bagi Sektor Wastra dan Kriya
- Ibunda Tanya Cak Imin soal Peta Pilpres 2024: Khofifah Ada di Mana?
- Jet2holidays reports increase in booking value through agents
- Key PMS Features Independents Must Consider Budgeting for in 2024