Boeing has announced it will move its global headquarters from Chicago to Arlington, Virginia.
“The region makes strategic sense for our global headquarters given its proximity to our customers and stakeholders, and its access to world-class engineering and technical talent,” said Boeing President and Chief Executive Officer Dave Calhoun.
The company said it will maintain a presence in Chicago but on a much smaller scale.
Boeing says shifting its employees to a more flexible and virtual environment has allowed it to reduce its office space needs.
“In today’s business environment, we have adopted a flexible work strategy in parts of our company and are taking steps to be more efficient within a reduced footprint,” said Calhoun. The shift will allow Boeing to channel investments towards manufacturing, engineering facilities, and training resources.
New Boeing Research & Technology Hub
While the manufacturer is working to tap into engineering and technology talent around the country and world, Boeing is making plans to establish a research and technology hub in Northern Virginia, which will focus on developing innovations in cyber security, autonomous operations, quantum sciences and software and systems engineering.
“The future of Boeing is digital,” said Greg Hyslop, Boeing’s chief engineer and executive vice president of Engineering, Test and Technology. “Focusing our R&D and talent development in areas that support digital innovation will fuel the introduction of cutting-edge capabilities.”
Boeing employs more than 140,000 people and is continuing to add positions as the commercial market continues to recover.
The company’s three business units will continue to be based at their current headquarters, which include:
- Boeing Commercial Airplanes in Seattle, Washington
- Boeing Global Services in Plano, Texas
- Boeing Defense, Space and Security in Arlington, Virginia
- Typhur cooks up $20M to channel your inner sous vide chef • TechCrunch
- Kodim 0608/Cianjur amankan mortir aktif temuan warga
- Telkom Bangkitkan Digitalisasi Pendidikan di Daerah 3T
- Pengemudi Ojol Mau Beralih ke Motor Listrik, tapi Ada Syarat
- Biro Pariwisata Kota Tainan Bersiap Untuk Pemulihan Pariwisata