AEG Fuels and OMV will partner to distribute and market an on-demand quantity of sustainable aviation fuel (SAF) at the Vienna International Airport in Austria.
The sustainable fuel is produced at the OMV Schwechat Refinery by co-processing used cooking oil in the production process. The cooking oil is collected from the region by an Austrian-based collector, making the entire production chain local and keeping transport routes to a minimum.
“AEG is committed to playing an active part in reducing the aviation industry’s carbon footprint,” said Daria Napolskikh, Director of Supply, Europe for AEG Fuels. “Our closely coordinated collaboration delivers an immediate and straightforward solution for operators to cut their carbon emissions.”
With OMV’s direct pipeline to Vienna International Airport, SAF will be available for refueling as needed.
Compared to conventional jet fuel, sustainable aviation fuel contributes to a CO2 reduction of more than 80% over the entire lifecycle. Additionally, existing infrastructure can be used to store SAF and refuel aircraft.
“With AEG Fuels we have a strong sales partner at Vienna International Airport and can thus significantly increase the availability of OMV’s sustainable aviation fuel for end customers,” said Josef Rath, Senior Vice President Industrial Sales and Marketing at OMV. “I am convinced that the replacement of fossil kerosene with fuels made from renewable raw materials is an indispensable strong lever to promote CO2-neutral flying.”
- Di Istana Bogor, Bupati Biak ajukan percepatan pembangunan ke Presiden
- Profil Ova Emilia, Dokter Spesialis Jadi Rektor Baru UGM 2022-2027
- Pear, now nearly 10 years old and with numerous hits, looks to close its biggest fund by far – TechCrunch
- Cacar Monyet ‘Serang’ Amerika, Ini Saran Ahli Kesehatan untuk Indonesia
- Neraca Pembayaran Defisit USD 1,8 Miliar di kuartal I-2022